Tuesday 4 October 2011

Coopers brewery tour

The weather was back to grey clouds dropping little splatters of raindrops. Today we depart Adelaide so had a sleep in before packing up and checking out of the hotel. Headed on the tram to Glenelg to have breakfast.
Glenelg looked so much more picturesque without the heavy grey clouds, angry foaming huge waves and gale force winds. The grey clouds were much more wispy and the rain just a few drops with no need to race for cover. Had breakfast at a cafe on the main street. Disappointed there were no cafes open on the esplanade. Breakfast was good. Brian had waffles with berries and cream and I had bacon and eggs with a side order of mushrooms. This brings me to a dilemma ... I asked for tomato sauce with the order. When the meal arrived it had tomatoes added not sauce. I mentioned I had asked for sauce not tomatoes. All was good and the waitress asked if they were ok to be on the plate and I replied ' no problem' . Apparently I had been charged for tomatoes as a side $3 ( like I'd paid for mushrooms) . I found this out when she returned with the sauce and $3 refund. I said not to worry but she said it was fine. So, the dilemma ... I hadn't ordered tomatoes and they had refunded them despite me saying no worries and Brian had of course quickly collected the hold coins from the table haha! But, should I eat the tomatoes as I do like them but just hadn't bothered to order them...or should I technically leave them on the plate???? What would you do? I ended up eating one piece but leaving two pieces behind.
We travel back on the tram to our hotel picked up the car and went to Coopers Brewery for Brian's tour at 1 pm. I didn't go on the tour cause the mere thought of the smell makes me ill. Instead I sat in reception writing this blog and reading. I love my iPad!!! While I sat the receptionist asked if she could get me tea or coffee but I asked for just water which she served me in a Coopers glass. Impressive service haha. At the end of the tour Brian and his new made tour friends tasted beers and listened to stories about beer. I sat with them typing this blog. I learnt some interesting facts about how bottle shape affects taste , which made me think perhaps the correct beer bottle shape just hasn't been perfected as beer tastes so bad hahaha. Oh and on the tour Brian and all the tour friends wore orange vests with COOPERS. Written fancy on the back. Noice!! I think I will be driving now lol. I was offered free beer even though I'm not on the tour but I said no...such a sacrifice. Then I was offered lemonade...it came on a pretty coopers glass. The tour includes a free glass . Took some photos of me and my glass :)))
Had Mcdonalds then drove the long road to Naracootre. The road was full of the double trailer trucks so I was closing my eyes a lot lol. It was a 3 3/4 hours drive. Saw lots of vineyards covering the fields as we got closer to Narcootre. Google to find out this is an important table grapes growing area as well as a few wine vineyards. Got to the hotel finally around 8 pm and had a local pizza shop home delivered pizza...delicious !
We have another long days drive to Swan Hill so it's bedtime for us now.
Love Kerry-Anne and BRIAN. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment